The rest of this page explains more about Reiki ~ what it is and where it comes from;
- What is Reiki?
- What are the origins of Reiki?
- Is Reiki Safe?
- How does Reiki work?
- What does Reiki do?
- Where does Reiki come from?
Reiki is a powerful yet gentle healing art form.
- Reiki was rediscovered by Dr Mikao Usui in Japan, the system of Reiki Ryoho was created in 1922.
- Reiki was brought to the West via Mrs Takata and the Usui System of Natural Healing was born.
- Reiki is universal life force energy channelled through the practitioner into others.
- The energy can also be used on plants and animals and also to charge objects with positive energy.
- As energy is boundless REIKI can also be sent to the past, present and future to provide healing or positive energy for difficult situations and times.
Reiki is a holistic therapy as it treats the mind, body and spirit.
- Reiki clears the body and aura of negative energy and fills it with positive energy.
- Those people who experience Reiki say it leaves them feeling uplifted and peaceful.
- Reiki can be used to treat many health problems from addictions, depression and phobias to back pain, fatigue and M.S.
- Reiki is also excellent in relieving stress.
- Reiki can be used alongside conventional medicines and other complementary therapies.
- Reiki is also safe to use on children, pregnant women and the elderly.
- Anyone can learn Reiki.
- Reiki is a useful lifelong skill to use on oneself, family and friends or to become a practitioner with.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anybody of any belief system can have Reiki or learn Reiki.
You will find that the energy will encompass all people in their healing journey.
What is a Healing Crisis?
Reiki is safe however as with other complementary therapies you may experience what is refered to as a “healing crisis” after a treatment or a Reiki attunement. This can range from mild symptons such as a headache to more severe symptons such as exczema. (For example if you have exczema this may become slightly worse before it improves when using Reiki). This is because your body is physically trying to release toxins and emotionally release stress and tension. Not everyone experiences a healing crisis but for those who do it is important not to worry and allow the deeper healing to take place.
How Can I Use Reiki Wisely?
Reiki is a safe energy to be attuned to providing you take precautions and use the energy wisely. Always do research before choosing your Reiki teacher. Speak to them first, ask questions. Make sure you know what you will get for your course fees. Ask for references from their students if you don’t know much about them. Remember a teacher that may have been right for your friend may not necessarily be right for you. There should be a “click” with your teacher, you should feel comfortable with them. You do not have to do all your courses with the same teacher however if you work well together then its sensible to stick with the same one. When you are attuned to the Reiki energy you are opening your energy system up which will make you sensitive and vulnerable to other energies so its important to do psychic protection if you become a reiki student. Once you can do Reiki be sure that people do not take advantage of you. It feels nice to do free Reiki treatments but you will become tired and drained yourself if you keep giving to others and don’t take time for yourself.
Where Can I Find out More About the Origins of Reiki?
There are lots of debates as to the origins of Reiki. One of my favourite books is “Reiki Fire” by Frank Arjava Petter. You can find lots of information and ideas in there.
What Other Types of Reiki Are There Available to Learn?
There are many different types of Reiki. You may find yourself drawn to one particular type. I mainly teach Usui Reiki, but also teach Universal Karuna which is a more advanced form of Reiki. I also practice Seichem and Sekhem and though qualified to teach these have chosen not to for the time being. I also teach Angelic Reiki. Every type of Reiki feels different, even though it comes from the same source (universal energy) it all has different vibrations.
Do You Have to Be Certain Age to Practice Reiki?
Reiki is for all ages. The youngest person I have taught Reiki to is my nephew who I taught when he was 8 years old. The oldest Reiki clients I have had were in their eighties.
Where Can I Practice Reiki?
You can practice Reiki anywhere. You don’t have to be in a quiet room with your incense and soft music. You could be sat on the bus or in a queue at the supermarket!